Each night, Orioles Nation will set you up with reading material that includes the latest news, notes and links from writers covering Orioles spring training in Sarasota.
The Orioles won 4-1 against the Pittsburgh Pirates today.
Their current spring training record stands at 10-9-5.
- The Orioles totaled 11 hits.
- Matt Wieters went 3-4 with an RBI and Run Scored.
- Mark Reynolds went 1-4 with an RBI and Run Scored.
- Tommy Hunter pitched 6 strong innings with 1 H, 0 R, 5 K, 1 BB allowed. He retired 12 in a row at one point. He threw 70 pitches, 48 for strikes.
- Jim Johnson pitched an inning with 1 H, 1 R (0 ER), 0 K, 1 BB allowed. He touched 94 MPH at one point.
- Zach Phillips pitched an inning with 0 H, 0 R, 0 K, 0 BB allowed.
- Darren O’day recorded the save, pitching an inning with 1 H, 0 R, 2 K, 0 BB allowed.
- The Orioles announced they have optioned Jason Berken, Brad Bergesen, and Matt Antonelli to AAA. Berken and Bergesen will both be starters.
- They also announced that Zach Britton and Brian Roberts were placed on the 15-day DL.
- John Hester, Steve Tolleson, Scotty Beerer, Dontrelle Willis, and Armando Galarraga were also reassigned to minor league camp.
- Jake Arrieta was originally scheduled to pitch Friday, but has been moved back to Saturday, according to The Baltimore Sun’s Eduardo A. Encina. Brian Matusz will now pitch Friday.
Fangraphs ranked the Orioles #30 in their organizational rankings.
Mark Brown of Camden Chat provides a comical “Game of Thrones Baseball Season Preview”