Each night, Orioles Nation will set you up with reading material that includes the latest news, notes and links from writers covering Orioles spring training in Sarasota.
The Orioles tied 3-3 against the Philadelphia Phillies today.
Their current spring training record stands at 9-9-5.
- The Orioles were mowed down today by Roy Halladay, whom compiled 9 K.
- They had a total of 13 K on the day.
- Nolan Reimold went 1-3 with a solo HR.
- Ronny Paulino went 2-3 with an RBI
- Trent Mummey went 1-1 with an RBI double in the 9th to tied the game.
- Manny Machado went 1-4
- Briant Matusz pitched 4 2/3 innings with 6 H, 3 R, 2 K, 1 BB allowed. He threw 83 pitches, 52 for strikes. Matusz was primarily around 89-91 MPH. He endured a rough 3rd inning, which is where he gave up his 3 R.
- Pat Neshek pitched a perfect 1/3 of an inning.
- Jason Berken made his spring debut, pitching 1 inning with 1 H, 0 R, 1 K, 0 BB allowed.
- Troy Patton pitched an inning with 0 H, 0 R, 0 K, 1 BB allowed.
- Pedro Strop pitched an inning with 0 H, 0 R, 1 K, 0 BB allowed.
- Dan Eveland pitched an inning with 2 H, 0 R, 1 K, 0 BB allowed.
- Stu Pomeranz pitched a perfect inning.
- Matt Lindstrom and Kevin Gregg will each throw 2 innings Monday in a minor league game, according to MASN’s Roch Kubatko.
- Buck Showalter keeps raving about Manny Machado, who gained 20 lbs in the winter but reduced body fat by 3 percent, according to Fox Sports’ Ken Rosenthal.