Each night, Orioles Nation will set you up with reading material that includes the latest news, notes and links from writers covering Orioles spring training in Sarasota.
The Orioles won 12-3 against the Washington Nationals today.
Their current spring training record stands at 9-9-4.
- The Orioles totaled 17 hits today.
- Ryan played RF and went 1-4 with an RBI.
- Wilson Betemit went 3-3 with 2 RBI.
- Adam Jones went 3-3 with 2 RBI.
- Matt Wieters went 4-4 with a 3 Run HR and 6 RBI total.
- Nolan Reimold went 1-3 with a solo HR.
- Robert Andino went 3-3 with 2 Runs scored.
- Jake Arrieta had a strong outing today. He struggled a little in the first inning, but managed to settle down and pitch 5 strong innings with 4 H, 1 R, 2 K, 1 BB allowed. He threw 72 pitches, 40 for strikes. At one point he had retired 12 batters in a row.
- Dontrelle Willis made his Orioles’ debut, pitching 1 inning with 0 H, 2 R (1 ER), 0 K, 3 BB allowed. He sat mostly between 83-88 MPH.
- Darren O’Day pitched an inning with 0 H, 0 R, 1 K, 0 BB allowed.
- Luis Ayala pitched an inning with 0 H, 0 R, 0 K, o BB allowed.
- Matt Lindstrom pitched an inning with with 0 H, 0 R, 1 K, 0 BB allowed.
- Tsuyoshi Wada will pitch Tuesday vs. the Twins in Sarasota, according to MASN’s Roch Kubatko.
- Jason Berken will make the trip to the Orioles game in Clearwater tomorrow, according to Kubatko.
The Baltimore Sun’s Eduardo A. Encina shares the story Jai Miller.