Each night, Orioles Nation will set you up with reading material that includes the latest news, notes and links from writers covering Orioles spring training in Sarasota.
The Orioles lost 4-1 against the Philadelphia Phillies today.
Their current spring training record stands at 6-8-4.
- Adam Jones went 2-3 with an RBI Double.
- Brian Matusz pitched 5 innings with 7 H, 1 R, 3 K, 1 BB and 3 double plays induced. He threw 65 pitches, 44 for strikes. It was another encouraging outing for Matusz, although it’s not likely he can rely on 3 double plays during the regular season.
- Kevin Gregg pitched an inning with 2 H, 0 R, 0 K, 0 BB allowed.
- Jim Johnson pitched an inning with 1 H, 1 R, 0 K, 0 BB allowed. He also hit a batter.
- Willie Eyre pitched an inning with 3 H, 1 R, 0 K , 0 BB allowed.
- Zach Phillips pitched an inning with 2 H, 1 R, 0 K, 0 BB allowed.
- Zach Britton will get a second opinion on his shoulder tomorrow from Dr. James Andrews, according to MASN’s Roch Kubatko. He is expected to start the season on the DL.
- Darren O’Day, Brad Bergesen, and Tsuyoshi Wada threw bullpen sessions today, according to Kubatko.
- Wada will pitched Thursday, either 3 innings or 45 pitches, according to Kubatko.
- Buck Showalter has not dismissed breaking camp with 13 pitchers, but prefers 12, according to Kubatko.
- The Orioles have signed 30 year old Dontrelle Willis to a minor league deal, according to ESPN’s Jerry Crasnick. He will earn $700K if he makes the majors, according to Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun.
MASN’s Steve Melewski wonders if there is any end in sight to the Orioles young pitchers’ injuries.