Each night, Orioles Nation will set you up with reading material that includes the latest news, notes and links from writers covering Orioles spring training in Sarasota.
The Orioles lost 2-4 against the Detroit Tigers today.
Their current spring training record stands at 4-6-2.
- Endy Chavez went 2-3 with a lead-off HR off Justin Verlander.
- Chris Davis had 2 errors today. He went 1-3 at the plate.
- Brian Matusz had an outstanding outing today, pitching 4 innings with 2 H, 0 R, 6 K, 0 BB allowed. He was consistently pitching around 92-93 MPH. He threw 60 pitches, 41 for strikes.
- Pat Neshek pitched an inning with 2 H, 0 R, 1 K, 0 BB allowed.
- Miguel Socolovich pitched a 1/3 of an inning with 2 H, 3 R (2 ER), 0 K, 1 BB allowed. He was removed from the game due to groin tightness.
- Jon Link pitched 1 1/3 innings with 3 H, 1 R, 1 K, 0 BB allowed. He let all three of Socolovich’s inherited runners score.
- Oliver Drake pitched a perfect inning.
- Oliver Drake was optioned to AA and Caleb Joseph was reassigned, according to MASN’s Roch Kubatko.
- Zach Britton pitched 2 scoreless innings against the Red Sox AAA squad today, according to Kubatko.
- Tsuyoshi Wada will make his grapefruit league debut Sunday against the Braves, according to The Baltimore Sun’s Eduardo A. Encina.
MASN’s Roch Kubatko talks about Brad Bergesen’s new look on the mound this spring.
MLB.com’s Brittany Ghiroli has news on the Orioles new pitching program.
Camden Depot has a chart showing how the Orioles compare to other clubs on international spending since 2010.
The EntreprenOriole discusses Jai Miller and his spring training hype so far.