Each night, Orioles Nation will set you up with reading material that includes the latest news, notes and links from writers covering Orioles spring training in Sarasota.
- Jim Johnson threw off a full mound today and Showalter said it “went great”, according to MASN’s Roch Kubatko.
- Catcher Caleb Joseph reported to camp today, according to Kubatko.
- Brian Roberts played catch and did conditioning work with Brady Anderson. He is still not doing batting practice or infield drills, according to Kubatko.
- Zach Britton threw about 120 feet on flat ground today, according to Kubatko.
- Tsuyoshi Wada was scratched from workouts today due to a sore left elbow, according to The Baltimore Sun’s Peter Schmuck, and MASN’s Roch Kubatko. X-rays were negative.
- Wada had fluid removed from his elbow, and received a cortisone shot. This happens every February, according to Kubatko. He felt the discomfort in PFP drills yesterday.
- Willie Eyre is still dealing with groin soreness and will give it a few days, according to MLB.com’s Brittany Ghiroli.
MASN’s Roch Kubatko talked about Jason Berken’s injury status and interviewed Pedro Strop on fighting for a roster spot.