Each night, Orioles Nation will set you up with reading material that includes the latest news, notes and links from writers covering Orioles spring training in Sarasota.
- All Pitchers, except the injured Jason Berken and Zach Britton, worked on team defense today, according to MLB.com’s Brittany Ghiroli.
- The Orioles are not likely to add another Catcher from outside the organization. Ronny Paulino is dealing with visa issues and should be in camp shortly to compete for the backup job, according to Ghiroli.
- Nick Markakis was taking batting practice, according to Ghiroli.
- Position players spent most of their time working on bunt defense drills. Robert Andino was working at both SS and 2B. Ryan Adams was at 2B, according to The Baltimore Sun’s Eduardo A. Encina.
- Willie Eyre appeared to injure his upper right leg while warming up in the bullpen today, according to MASN’s Roch Kubatko.
- Showalter said Jason Berken’s hamstring injury is “worse than a tweak but not a full pull”, according to Kubatko.
- Brian Roberts did not take infield. He has been running, hitting off the tee, playing catch, and lifting weights, according to Kubatko.
- Former Orioles RP Terry Mathews died of a heart attack, according to Kubatko. Mathews went 6-7 with a 4.57 ERA in three seasons with the Orioles. He was only 47 years old.
MASN’s Roch Kubatko interviewed Nick Markakis on his progress after surgery.
The Orioles added a Sports Psychologist to the staff. MLB.com’s Brittany Ghiroli details it here.