Each night, Orioles Nation will set you up with reading material that includes the latest news, notes and links from writers covering Orioles spring training in Sarasota.
- Jim Johnson threw off a half mound yesterday, according to MASN’s Roch Kubatko.
- Johnson will throw off a regular mound on Saturday. His back feels good, according to Kubatko.
- All position players have arrived except Endy Chavez, according to Kubatko.
- Brian Matusz says he is much stronger, and appears to have regained his confidence, according to Kubatko.
- Jason Berken tweaked his left hamstring in conditioning drills. His status is unknown, according to Kubatko.
- The first full squad workout is tomorrow, according to MLB.com’s Brittany Ghiroli.
- Brian Roberts will take the field Friday for the first full squad workout, according to Kubatko.
- Manny Machado (@MannyMachado3) tweeted “Great start to ST gonna be a good year…”
- Showalter said the throwing programs of Jim Johnson and Zach Britton are progressing well, according to the Baltimore Sun’s Eduardo A. Encina.
- OF Matt Angle was claimed off waivers by the Dodgers, according to MASN’s Steve Melewski. He was DFA’d for Luis Ayala.
MLB.com’s Brittany Ghiroli interviewed Brian Matusz on last season and moving forward.