Each night, Orioles Nation will set you up with reading material that includes the latest news, notes and links from writers covering Orioles spring training in Sarasota.
- The Orioles have released their minor league schedule. Pitchers are scheduled to report on March 4th, while hitters are scheduled to report on March 8th. Games will start on March 14th.
- Zach Britton will throw off flat ground Thursday, Friday, Sunday and Monday. He hopes to throw off the mound the following week, according to MASN’s Roch Kubatko.
- The Orioles will sign Catcher Josh Johnson. He was recommended by Chris Hoiles, who managed him in independent ball, according to Kubatko.
- Matt Wieters said Dylan Bundy‘s “arm is a gift”, according to Kubatko.
- Catcher Caleb Joseph will be in camp to replace the spot of Dane Sardinha, who failed his physical, according to The Baltimore Sun’ Eduardo A. Encina.
- Orioles top prospect Dylan Bundy thew his first open bullpen today. His previous bullpen sessions had been a part of the biomechanical testing, according to Encina.
- Wieters said that Matusz looked like his old self in his bullpen session, according to MLB.com’s Brittany Ghiroli.