Each night, Orioles Nation will set you up with reading material that includes the latest news, notes and links from writers covering Orioles spring training in Sarasota.
- Wilson Betemit has reported to camp, according to MASN’s Roch Kubatko.
- Second basemen Ryan Adams is also in camp, according to Kubatko.
- Backup Catcher Taylor Teagarden says he is 85% after a second surgery last month. Teagarden had a cyst removed from the back of his knee, according to Kubatko.
- Zach Britton said today’s flat ground session was even better than yesterday. His arm felt stronger and liked the way it came out of his hand, according to Kubatko.
- Catcher Dane Sardinha failed his physical and won’t stay in camp, according to Kubatko.
- Reliever Jim Johnson threw off a half mound today. He has no lower back pain and could be on a full mound by later this week, according to MLB.Com’s Brittany Ghiroli.
- Brian Roberts is not running or taking full swings off pitching yet. He has been working out at Twin Lakes Park since January, according to Ghiroli.
- Today is Tsuyoshi Wada’s 31st birthday. Showalter said the team sang him happy birthday , according to the Baltimore Sun’s Eduardo A. Encina.
- Showalter said the biomechanical testing was completed today and they will continue to test the minor league players now, according to Encina.
The Orioles Announced former MLB FanCave resident Ryan Wagner (@rwags614) as the new voice of the Orioles.
Watch the New Public Address Announcer’s audition here.