1. Tim
    Tim August 11, 2010 at 4:08 am |

1. You’ve got 4 slots to fill for the AFL. Who do you send?

2. I figure Klein to be the most advanced draftee this season. What level does he start at next season?

3. Seems from what I’ve read Buck will be looking closely at the minors in the off season. Anyone stand out to you as having their manager, hitting or pitching coach job in jeopardy?

I love all questions answered Wednesday.

Jordan August 11, 2010 at 5:49 pm |

1. Ryan Adams, Xavier Avery, L.J. Hoes, Luis Noel.

2. Delmarva, and he should move to Frederick at about the same time Berry does.

3. Not really. I think the major changes he’ll make will be with the major league coaching staff. I believe he’s going to look at the minors closely and figure out which players are really part of this teams future, which players they can move for a star player etc.

2. Matt
    Matt August 11, 2010 at 8:02 am |

1. Is moving Avery to AA a way to increase his trade value this off-season?

2. Yonder Alonso is at the top of my list of blocked prospects the O’s should go after. Can you give me a couple more guys we should look at (mostly to fill the holes at 1B and maybe SS)?

3. Could Erbe turn things around next year, similarly to how Arrieta did this year vs last year?

Jordan August 11, 2010 at 5:54 pm |

1. They are very high on him and want to test him. It could increase his trade value in the process, but I don’t think that was their intention.

2. A few guys I like:
      SS
      Danny Espinosa
      Chase d’Arnaud
      Jiovanni Mier
      Nick Franklin

1B
      Freddie Freeman
      Ryan Strieby
      Anthony Rizzo

3. Definitely. He may have been playing hurt earlier in the year but even then his command looked to be improved. Hopefully the strikeouts return next year, and they should if he’s healthy.

1. Matt
        Matt August 11, 2010 at 9:22 pm |

Erbe headed for labrum surgery. May kill our theory on his resurgence…

Jordan August 11, 2010 at 11:25 pm |

That’s unfortunate. Here’s a link for those interested in the details:

3. brion
    brion August 11, 2010 at 10:18 am |

What is up with Billy Rowell? Last night was his first start in a week.

Is Sarfate getting passed over because he is not on the 40 man roster?

Are you still confident that they will sign all their top 10 picks?

Jordan August 11, 2010 at 5:57 pm |

1. I’m not sure, I’ll look into it for you. My guess would be a minor injury.

2. That and the fact he’s walking a bunch of guys at AAA.

3. A source told me Bywater is the least likely to sign, so if we don’t sign someone my guess would be him. But, my guess is we’ll sign all 9.

4. Dan
    Dan August 11, 2010 at 11:25 am |

1. Why isn’t Matt Bywater signed yet? He’s a college senior, what leverage could he possibly have?

2. Is Rick Zagone still likely to be a LOOGY at best in the majors, or could his relative success in the rotation make that his future home?

3. Which of the Berrys do you like better?

Jordan August 11, 2010 at 5:59 pm |

1. He’s actually a junior, so he has some leverage. A source told me he is the least likely to sign, but coming into the draft most expected him to be a quick sign. I still think we’ll get a deal done.

2. He could fit nicely as a #5 starter but I still see him as a reliever.

3. Tim Berry has more potential, Ryan Berry is a safer bet. R. Berry is already proven, so at the moment I like him a little bit more.

5. Rich
    Rich August 11, 2010 at 1:05 pm |

1. Will Hoes also go to Bowie?
    2. Apart from Michado, who has the highest ceiling among the ’10 draftees?
    3. True or false, Britton starts 2011 in the O’s starting rotation?

Jordan August 11, 2010 at 6:01 pm |

1. With Adams at 2B and Waring at 3B there isn’t really a spot for him. He really needs to improve on defense and he needs to get regular work in, he’ll stay in Frederick until September.

2. Connor Narron and Parker Bridwell.

3. False. If it happens I will be very upset.

6. slade
    slade August 11, 2010 at 4:29 pm |

I just found out my older brother’s team is going to be facing Austin Urban tonight up in Johnstown, PA. My brother plays for the orioles scout team Youse’s Orioles in the Cal Ripken Senior League. Johnstown hosts the AAABA tournament each year and the orioles are in it each year (In fact they usually win it). But, anyways, Urban has been pitching for Johnstown this summer he’ll be pitching tonight against the orioles. I wish I could be up there to see the game, but it will be interesting to hear how he throws. My brother told me is Dean Albany going to be in attendance, so anyways, I thought I would share that and hopefully we sign this kid. Now to my question…

What holding up the negotiations with Klein, I thought he was supposed to be a relatively easy sign. Ditto with Bywater. Any chance we don’t sign one of them?

Jordan August 11, 2010 at 6:05 pm |

That is good to hear, definitely let us know how he throws! He would definitely be a big signing for our ’10 class.

Both are apparently asking for much more than the Orioles expected. If I had to say one top 10 pick won’t sign, it would be Bywater (see my comments on him above).

7. Matt
    Matt August 11, 2010 at 6:54 pm |

Looking to free agency after this season…

– What positions do you see being addressed?

– Is V-Mart a possibility for the O’s? I haven’t heard his name much, but I think he would be a good buy-(somewhat)low candidate that can play 1B and give Wieters a rest.

Jordan August 11, 2010 at 11:24 pm |

1. We need to add a SS, 1B and SP. If we don’t think we’re contenders Brandon Snyder should play 1B for the year, if he plays decently, we can flip him in the process of getting a big bat 1B like Fielder etc.

2. It’s a possibility, but Wieters is still young and if he can get his bat going he should be playing catcher. If MacPhail is serious about adding a superstar in free agency, Martinez is not the answer. But, we will see…

8. slob
    slob August 11, 2010 at 8:12 pm |

1. whatever happened to vito frabrazio? 2. you’re high on bridwell, does he have a chance to rise through the system like matusz? 3. mychal givins intrigues me, how long before he reaches the majors?

Jordan August 11, 2010 at 11:28 pm |

1. Here are some links on Frabizio’s situation:

2. He certainly has potential to be better than Matusz, but Matusz was drafted out of college and Bridwell out of HS, they are very different players.

3. 4-5 more years, he has a long way to go.

1. slob