1. DoubleB
    DoubleB July 17, 2010 at 4:59 pm |

First off, congrats on the guest post.

I’d like to see something like “state of the system”. Maybe run through each position and give a little overview of the important players at the position, what they could become.

I’d also like to see something like “best tools“, kind of like baseball America does.

1. Adam
      Adam July 18, 2010 at 2:29 am |

I agree with all these suggestions

Jordan July 18, 2010 at 10:43 am |

The state of the system post is an excellent idea, but I think it’s something that should be done at the end of the season. It makes more sense to see how everything plays out.

The best tools is definitely something I can do. I’ll have it up as a weekend column this Saturday.

2. Justin Bader
    Justin Bader July 17, 2010 at 5:56 pm |

Hi Jordan, long time reader, first time commenter. I’d like to see some more detailed scouting reports, like the Hobgood or Hoes one.

Jordan July 18, 2010 at 10:43 am |

I’m working on a Bobby Bundy scouting report, when it’s finished, who knows.

3. batspeed29
    batspeed29 July 18, 2010 at 12:09 am |

You do such a great job writting about any topic you choose, and you have two player interviews lined-up that will more than propell those blog entries.

I like DoubleB’s suggestion of some in-depth comparsions of “five tools” the future prospects bring to the (table) field. One thing to talk about their on the field play and personalities —- another thing altogether to really RATE and RANK them fairly like another teams scout sitting in the stands with a radar gun clinched between his knees and two clipboards.

You see the minor league teams frequently enough, would be interesting to see your take on their abilities. Gives readers something to look forward to as these prospects get their “cups of coffee” with the major league club.

batspeed29

Jordan July 18, 2010 at 10:45 am |

Great suggestions! I’m working on a Bobby Bundy scouting report. My rankings, like top prospects and depth chart always go up after the AFL and before the draft.

4. Tim
    Tim July 18, 2010 at 10:38 am |

Great ideas by all. I think by now, anyone who follows the minors is well versed on Zach, Josh, Xavier and LJ. I’d like to see something focused on breaking down the “new” prospects. Maybe a focus on guys from the 09, 10 drafts and how they rank out early on. I’m interested in the guys I haven’t seen yet (Mummey, Coffey, etc)

Jordan July 18, 2010 at 10:46 am |

Makes sense. I’ll have to gather some info from external sources for guys like Mummey and some of the other ’10 draft guys, but that’s definitely something I can add to my list. I’ll also be adding more player profiles daily, so I’ll try to add some more of those for the newer guys.