Don July 16, 2010 at 11:52 am |

Tim Bascom has gone from highly regarded prospect to prospect as he moves up the system. I fear he is moving from prospect to organizational at this point in his career. It is sad because saw him as a solid bullpen arm in the future, maybe spot starter back in 2008. He is unlikely to ever get a cup of coffee unless he starts to find holes in the strike zone.

If I were running the show, I would seriously think about bringing Eddie Gamboa and Pedro Beato up on Sept 1st.

I wonder who the Orioles want to see when rosters expand later this year?

Jordan July 16, 2010 at 11:55 am |

I agree. I think I’d have Gamboa and Beato in Norfolk now. Between Hoey, Beato, Egan, Thall, Gamoba, Perrault…we are bound to have a few of them turn into useful pieces.

I think they’ll definitely give Britton a look. I’d like to see Patton come up in a bullpen role. What about you?

Don July 16, 2010 at 2:42 pm |

From a positional standpoint, I see no players outside of Bell and Riemold coming back. Even Riemold could use from R&R with a sarasota assignment after the season. Angle is a nice story, but if he is going to be sitting on the pine 5 out 7 days he is better off in instructional league / rest until AFL. I would like to see Joel Guzman get the call over either Izturis or Lugo, but honestly it is fantasy to think either are DFA’ed down the stretch.

I acutally think Britton is going to be shut down after the season ends and he too might go to AFL. I think the plan is to keep his on a plan to showcase next spring. Patton is a logical choice because they need to really see if he fits any future plans at all.

I would like to expand the bullpen by about 4-5 arms because they have been worked the last month and half.

Jordan July 16, 2010 at 10:19 pm |

SS issue…looks like we will actually have to re-sign Izturis for next year. There are no other SS.

Yeah, I see Britton going to the AFL as well, depending on his IP.

1. Doug in DE
            Doug in DE July 17, 2010 at 3:30 am |

Barring an offseason trade I also think they’ll have to resign Izturis. There is absolutely nothing available free agent wise at that position and no prospects ready for a shot

Don July 17, 2010 at 10:31 am |

.280 OBP

NNNNNNNNNNNNNooooooooooooooooooooo

All kidding aside, I would rather go with another option, but that option would have to want to play for the Orioles as well.

Jordan July 17, 2010 at 2:32 pm |

Jeter?

Jordan July 17, 2010 at 2:32 pm |

True, it’s like dead weight in the line up. I would have liked Escobar from the Braves.