1. qbsillest1
    qbsillest1 July 12, 2010 at 7:41 pm |

What type of velocity was he at? Curveball shows promise and flashed some decent ones, but he needs to tighten it up a lot. The ones they hit seemed to stay up…Some of them looked a little slurvy….

Jordan July 12, 2010 at 7:45 pm |

He was sitting 87-89, hit 90 twice, 91 once, and 92 once. You’re correct, curveball was slurvy and left it up in the zone. All three outs were flyouts to left field. One was about 50 feet short of a HR.

2. qbsillest1
    qbsillest1 July 12, 2010 at 9:45 pm |

Yeah, it looked like dude rocked one, I thought it was a HR by the sound and the player reactions…..

I am glad to see Berry touching 91/92, if I remember right, he wasn’t evewn touching 90 when drafted. Hopefully the O’s keep working with his strength training to continue to add some velocity. I’d say the curve could be a future plus pitch, has good shape and depth…..He is a big time sleeper that no one really knows about….these are my favorite types of prospects….

Jordan July 12, 2010 at 9:48 pm |

Agreed. People write him off because he was a 50th round pick…but signed for 4-6 rd. money.

3. qbsillest1
    qbsillest1 July 13, 2010 at 12:26 am |

Exactly, 4-6th round money during TJ surgery rehab….Seiler said similar type of comments about Aaron Wirsch too during the draft. He I guess just doesn’t like physical projection much….

Jordan July 13, 2010 at 1:26 pm |

Talked to him today, didn’t throw any changeups in the video above. Saw you asking about that on OH.

Don July 13, 2010 at 9:50 am |

The kid tips his hand way too much and he needs to stop throwing across his body at times.

Look at where he lands his toe in comparision to his slot. He is pointing it towards the first base dugout. This leads to throwing the body around and places too much emphasis on the shoulder girdle.

At this point, he has his lead elbow way too high and that back elbow is facing a full load on the girdle. It is not a 100% certain an injury will never happen, but he places too much stress on his arm with the combnation of throwing across his body and elbows above the shoulder.

5. qbsillest1
    qbsillest1 July 13, 2010 at 1:16 pm |

Hmm, well he is a TJ survivor. Could have something to do with it….

Don July 14, 2010 at 11:47 am |

I was not aware that he had the UCL replaced. I fear that only backs my thoughts that he could experience a labrum or cuff type of injury in the future.

1. qbsillest1
      qbsillest1 July 15, 2010 at 1:26 am |

Yup, and, if you look at reports(Seiler) on Tim Berry, it says that he has a very weak frame. This almost sounds like a recipe for disaster…..