1. NYOrioleFan
    NYOrioleFan June 21, 2010 at 10:57 pm |

I believe 24th round 2010 pick Tim Adleman will be throwing for Aberdeen tomorrow against the Cyclones, and 26th round 2009 pick Blake Mechaw will be going against the Staten Island Yankees on Wednesday.

Jordan June 21, 2010 at 11:04 pm |

Thanks!

Don June 22, 2010 at 11:42 am |

Well, The Orioles traded for Jake Fox. The rumored pitcher is suppose to be Ross Wolf, but nothing has been confirmed by the Orioles.

The Sun broke the trade about an hour ago.

Jordan June 22, 2010 at 12:59 pm |

Interesting trade. I like the trade because we didn’t give up much and Fox has some upside, but it’s disappointing that we are somewhat excited to have this guy.

Don June 22, 2010 at 2:24 pm |

I am even keel about this trade. There are so many times that players need a slight change to bring out thier skills on the field. It is still a 50/50 gamble, but what was Ross Wolf going to bring to the table as an AL East relief pitcher +5.0 ERA and +.275 BA.

I would be squarely open to move Craig Tatum to DFA. He is suppose to be a defensive guy, but I have watched three teams advance freely on him. I suspect it might be Atkins who is DFA. He will go on the waiver with no takers and end up soon on the Cardinals bench as a soild guy off the bat. The Orioles fanbase will blame McPhail for letting him go too soon.

Jordan June 22, 2010 at 4:54 pm |

I don’t understand why they signed Atkins in the first place. If you can’t hit at Coors field you aren’t going to hit anywhere else.

Don June 22, 2010 at 2:29 pm |

BTW…I am starting to think stats should be completely thrown out the window in Norfolk. I was down for the weekend at Virginia beach and that place would still be a pitchers park if the line were 275ft.

FYI…I will be going back to my beach house quite often at Virginia Beach. If you would like to have someone give a report or two, please feel free to let me know, fee free.

Jordan June 22, 2010 at 5:00 pm |

I know Norfolk is supposed to be a pitchers park, but Bell and Snyder actually have much better stats at home.

I would love to get some reports, would really like to know what you think of Erbe, if you get to see him.