What Grade do You Give the O’s Draft Through 30 Picks?

[poll id=”8″]

About The Author

- Founder and Executive Editor

Jordan founded Orioles-Nation.com in November 2009. He is a computer science & business major at Towson University. He is the site programmer, designer, editor and primary minor league writer. He also contributes to and maintains the site’s prospect rankings and scouting reports. Jordan's work has been recognized in a number of publications including MASN, The Baltimore Sun, MLB Trade Rumors, FanGraphs and Project Prospect. In addition, Jordan is a special contributor to John Sickels’ (formerly of ESPN.com) blog, Minor League Ball. Read more about Jordan at JordanTuwiner.com and follow him on Google+ and on Twitter @JordanTuwiner.

1. Avi M
    Avi M June 9, 2010 at 5:17 am |

I mean, from what I’ve read, Machado could be a steal even. I know he is good, but some are saying he could secretly ending up being the best bat and overall player in the draft. Excited to see what he adds to the organization.

By other reactions, I guess the rest of the rounds went smoothly with some solid and some surprise picks. Sounds good. I don’t read too much into the guys until I see them perform out on the fields in Sarasota soon enough!

Jordan June 9, 2010 at 11:38 am |

I forget his name, but one of the guys on MLB Network said Machado was the best player in the draft, even better than Harper.

2. Doug from DE
    Doug from DE June 9, 2010 at 5:29 am |

I voted an A based on 2 things. The fact that they took the best player available when it was their pick in Rd 1. I was a little worried they’d pull some shenanigans. And the Narron pick, assumin he’s one of the overslot guys we keep hearin they’re gonna sign again this year. If they dont sign Narron I would still give em a B because I like the Machado pick that much. And thats with originally wanting Taillon

Jordan June 9, 2010 at 11:40 am |

It’s tough for me to give them an A with the picks of Dixon Anderson and Dan Klein. Those two picks are really holding me back from giving them an A.

3. Charles Brown
    Charles Brown June 9, 2010 at 8:26 am |

First of all, thank you for the draft coverage! It is nice to get some idea of what these player “could” look like one day.

I gave the draft a B. We really won’t know how the draft pans out for 4-5 years. The O’s drafted good arms and some H.S. talent. Most H.S. draft picks are SS or catchers and move based on performance. A log jam at SS won’t be a problem, if you can play short, you can play anywhere! When talking short, lets not forget Rosa.

Jordan June 9, 2010 at 11:43 am |

No problem!

I believe Rosa is going to move to 3B eventually. He’s already pretty big and losing range as he finishes filling out.

My final grade, once we sign the picks, will also depend on whether we sign some of those late selections like Austin Urban and Cameron Roth.