1. This guy
    This guy June 8, 2010 at 7:50 pm |

Parker Bridwell is good. Good arm Strength, good curveball, good frame. But having played with and against him for about 6 years. I saw atleast 7 better pitchers this season. So hopefully he improves dramatically to keep up with such a high pick. He has mainly played against other hick schools who of struggle with anything thrown over 85. Which he obviously does and he blows lesser players away.

1. big parker fan
      big parker fan August 8, 2010 at 1:02 am |

to this guy give it up baby and be proud.

2. tim brown
    tim brown June 8, 2010 at 10:53 pm |

Sounds like you are jealous. Not many players are blessed with great all around pitching tools coming out of highschool. Teams are drafting based on potential. Lots of players that are drafted high are bust. Hope you have a better baseball career than Parker since you are very sour that he is having a chance at a dream that many of us would love to havde.

3. gruck5
    gruck5 June 21, 2010 at 1:32 pm |

he just needs some good coaching and thats what he will get.

LOL this guy Who are you? 7 better pitchers LOL

4. This guy
    This guy June 24, 2010 at 3:00 am |

I’m just another kid who’s committed to pitch and hit at the division 1 level. And yes, three juniors one kid from Leander whose name I don’t remember, Gates from Lubbock Monterey, And Gill from Flowermound Marcus. Seniors- Huber from Plano West, the ace from Burleson, Blum from Plano West, Scott from Coronado. I believe that is seven. But please don’t get me wrong. I think with good coaching he very well could develop into the type of player that could be feared. But it’s not his body that will be his downfall. It’s his mind, his approach to the game is not what it needs to be. He already thinks he is too good, which is proven by him asking for first round money. hopefully I am wrong, but i believe he will not improve because he struggles with improvement, and is blessed with physical tools, that will not help him at the next level, because every guy at the next level has outstanding physical tools. I’m not trying to bash on his high school career, i just believe that he will not get better, and he will not know how to handle it when people hit him hard.

5. This guy
    This guy June 24, 2010 at 3:02 am |

For the record, I am not sour. I have a great opportunity to play in the big 12(10?) and I hope to get a few at bats against him. And I have no reason to be jealous. My future is in school, not baseball.

6. Herdfan
    Herdfan June 26, 2010 at 9:49 am |

Jealousy is a funny element. I read these post from ” This Guy” and can tell he has issues. You have no future if you continue to act in this manner. You can learn by reading your post that Bridwell has got in your head and you know he is a great athlete. This is how someone like you deals with issues like this instead of promoting this kid from our area. I’m a Hereford fan ( 40 years ) and Parker is one of if not the best athletes I seen at any high school. Parker not only is a good athlete and will someday play on TV, he is great with the younger kids in Hereford and is a great kid himself. Something I would like to say about you but you need work. I will Pray for you and hope you learn from this post and enjoy watching Parker in the MLB someday.

7. Tech fan
    Tech fan June 28, 2010 at 10:03 am |

Is it possible that he asked for so much money because he truly would like to have the college experience and play for Texas Tech? Zach Lee at LSU is apparently doing the same thing. Only if the money blows them out of the water will they forego their chance to play in college.

I don’t know if that’s the right move or the wrong move, but it’s not my move to judge. I wish each of those kids great success no matter what they decide to do.

8. This guy
    This guy June 30, 2010 at 12:09 am |

Well guys, we will see. I hope he has a fantastic college career. I really do. I just hope to see him live up to expectation. One of my best friends got picked in the 38th round, and we all agree, even himself, that he probably did not deserve to be picked there.

P.S. The reason I’m not saying who I am or anything is because Parker knows me and I really do not want any bad blood between us. I hope everyone understands I did not say that out of anything but a baseball point of view. Personal Opinion. I hope I’m wrong.

1. slob
      slob August 5, 2010 at 4:54 am |

machado and klein left.go O’s!!

9. nino salomon
    nino salomon August 10, 2010 at 11:08 pm |

well i know parker very well he goes and eats at my mom resturant he act no deffernt than you or i hes a well rounded kid and also so gifted so if u asked me he going to make it big and i was always told by my parents if u dont have anything good to say dont speak at all(THIS GUY) well i think hereford found a new MLB team go O`S wel if it means anything i got your back Parker