The MLB Draft is less than 2 months away and you’ll be seeing tons of draft related content in the next few months. This is Part 1 in my series previewing the MLB Draft. The full series:
1. Series Introduction
2. Bryce Harper, C, CC of Southern Nevada
3. Jameson Taillon, RHP, The Woodlands HS (TX)
4. Drew Pomeranz, LHP, Ole Miss
5. Deck McGuire, RHP, Georgia Tech
6. Chris Sale, LHP, Florida Gulf Coast
7. Anthony Ranaudo, RHP, LSU
8. Q & A with Andy Seiler of MLB Bonus Baby
9. Examining the Orioles’ Options by Pat Hickey
10. Karsten Whitson, RHP, Chipley HS (FL)
11. Manny Machado, SS, Brito Private HS (FL)
Here’s a short preview of the biggest stories and resources related to the draft.
- Baseball Beginnings
- Jonathan Mayo’s Blog
- MLB.com Draft Central
- MLB Bonus Baby
- PnR Scouting
- Project Prospect
- Prospect Junkies
Past Draft Articles by OP:
Andy Seiler over at MLBBonusBaby.com has his updated top 100 draft prospects up. These are the guys that the O’s should be targeting:
1. Bryce Harper, C, CC of Southern Nevada
2. Jameson Taillon, RHP, The Woodlands HS (TX)
3. Drew Pomeranz, LHP, Ole Miss
4. Deck McGuire, RHP, Georgia Tech
5. Chris Sale, LHP, Florida Gulf Coast
6. Anthony Ranaudo, RHP, LSU
Unless the Orioles surprise people like last season, the Orioles will likely select one of the six players listed above.
In the upcoming days I’ll look at scouting reports for the 6 players listed above. This should help you get familiar with the names that will be paired with the Orioles come June.
It’s still early, but assuming Harper goes #1, who do you think the Pirates will take and who would you like to see the Orioles select?